Monday 10 December 2012

Gormet cruising and other trips


Casi Mimi Giles

Hi there, folks,

It has been some time since I last posted a blog, briefly I spent the summer in the UK enjoying some good sailing and teaching with friends. I did less work this some other than I would normally do simply because I felt I needed a rest and decided pace myself more sensibly.. Even so I had some great sails  with Cassie, Mimi, and friends chasing around the Solent from one gourmet restaurant the next, and so the established format, for them of the gourmet cruising continues  unabated.
The  week we spent together was characterised not just by gourmet meals but continuous laughter and story telling. . There was as in all things and underlying serious side to the week this was to ensure that Casie and Giles  were to achieve their yacht master tickets, so that Casie could skipper could charter a vessel in the Whitsundays for a romantic cruise with Mimi, and in Giles case, just because he wanted to. To achieve this qualification they had to first get is VHF ticket and RYA first aid all of which was achieved and they are now a fully fledged  Yacht masters. I have now received  reports regarding the trip to the Whitsundays I can only assume that it was a wonderful holiday for them both. Even if Casi was misguided enough to book a catamaran
                                          
Isle of Wight Festival
There were other moments of note, during my time in the UK not least of which was helping Kenny take butterfly in a gale over to the  Isle of Wight for the Isle, for the Wight Festival. during the festival the rain did not let up so the fields were a mud bath and the guests he had on board the boat came back covered in mud and Gore, so he! Kenny had to spend each day hosing down the guests before they can come on board.   I had left the boat with Kenny  at East Cowes marina and and left for home having my first ride in many years on a double-decker bus, the bus took me to Ryde  where I had my next pleasure, a ride on the miniature train out to the end of the pier, where I  caught the fast Catamaran the Portsmouth and then the Gosport ferry home.

 Another moment to savour, was a day trip with Kenny's wife Jackie as the hostess for some guys from the bank of Nova Scotia have a day trip from Gosport, up to the Beaulieu River, lunch at anchor then a leisurely return to Gosport. The guys were really interesting and as in all trips I learned a lot from people who spend most of their lives in the rarefied atmosphere of high finance.  Not life I would find interesting but nevertheless I learned a few things with regards to the complexities of banking. Jackie Seemed to think that we made a good team and I must admit the day went well the food was excellent and we were back in time for fish and chip supper all all in all not a bad day.
 
During this time in the UK I was able to touch base with many other friends and in particular my family my daughter Melanie  my two grandchildren down to see me and had one of the will loveliest days in a long time taking them out with Kenny for sale and then back home to my house for elaborate Chinese nosh.
 I also had the pleasure of going to Bath to see my grandson Rhys graduate from Bath University  with a degree in commercial music I thoroughly enjoyed the day, and I can truly say that I am very very proud grandfather, my daughter Suzanne and her husband  Burne were fantastic hosts and made for a wonderful day.
My house Gosport is now occupied by the lovely  Kath who is looking after my interests and speeding tickets whilst I'm away in Antigua . The nice thing about having Kath in the house, unlike when it was rented, is that I can return at pretty well any time and  have. a bed to lay my head. I also know that the garden and my precious bits and pieces will be well looked after.


Well that's all for this one, folks the next episode will be on Antigua

SO EAT DRINK AND RE-MARRY.....Taff   





                                                        

1 comment:

  1. Ask Experts in Yacht Surveys @ 00971501889614 or Mail us @ const24x7@constellationms.com
    Constellation Marine yacht surveyors is a collaboration of “professional stars” who are professionally committed to deliver impeccably consistent and reliable professional service relating to offshore installation, ship and cargo claims. The well thought of “CONSTELLATION” brand, stands for this philosophy.
    A collaborative partnership has been established and service deliverables are executed to the same high standards in cities around the world:
    OUR MISSION

    To exceed our customers expectation on every assignment as their service providers, bearing in mind the ethics and principles of independent marine surveying and consultancy.
    OUR CODE OF HONOUR
    Customer Satisfaction / Customer Relation
    Be On Time
    Help Team Mates
    Grow Every Day
    No Public Telling Off / Pulling Up Team Mates
    Keep Commitments to the Clients – Consult Management
    Deal Directly to all at same level
    Time is Money
    High Standards and Reputation

    ReplyDelete